Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1100 times.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:01 PM Last edited by billielith : 12th Jun 2018 at 6:12 PM.
Default Tower of Babel - Ideas for making it better/ more useful? :)
Hi everyone!

I've been working on a big theme set lately but I gave it a lot of time these days, I obsessed a bit about it, and I need a little break. So this morning I have started working on a new project - a Lot - inspired by a building in another game I play.

So, without further ado, here's my Tower of Babel, I'd like to hear what you think of it. I think it is a good start, but now that its first version - and the outer shell - is done, I feel like it would be a bit boring to make it just a regular residential lot, but I am not sure what to do with it.

If it was a community lot, what should it be for? Any ideas?

Here it is anyway.

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 12:15 AM
The Tower of Babel should definitely be community. You can leave the upper tiers empty because they'll be hard to play anyhow. If it were me, I'd be inclined to make it a temple, school, or community center - a place for meetings with everybody talking and nobody listening.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:42 AM
I think you can decorate it with plants/vegetation on the structure to add more asymmetry to the building and make it look like a lost temple. So far, it looks good.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
The Tower of Babel should definitely be community. You can leave the upper tiers empty because they'll be hard to play anyhow. If it were me, I'd be inclined to make it a temple, school, or community center - a place for meetings with everybody talking and nobody listening.

Awesome! Everybody talking and nobody listening. That's so much exactly the meaning of the Tower of Babel! Maybe a school (or library, or both), a theater and then a tavern at the bottom. Let me try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_dgjdhh
I think you can decorate it with plants/vegetation on the structure to add more asymmetry to the building and make it look like a lost temple. So far, it looks good.

That is a great idea! :D
There could be more than one version for the building, one used as a community lot, and one as a temple/deco more than anything - still community lot but with not much to do. What do you think?

Do you guys think I should remove the wooden structure inside with the lamps?

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Scholar
#5 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:22 AM
I think the tall wooden lamp is good. It gives the structure something other than grey as it color.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!